Sunday, April 18, 2010

the DRESS!

Remember the time I said I was getting married in Disney World?

Well, I found the perfect dress for a fairy tale wedding.



I feel like Cinderella in the dress. It sparkles, but not too much. It's poofy, but not too much. It's comfortable, not too heavy, not too hot ... it's perfect! It's hard to see in photos, but the skirt part has a bunch of crystals that sparkle every time I move. The veil I got has the same crystals and they go together so well.

My latest venture has been trying to convince John to book a Magic Kingdom photo shoot. It would be a couple days after our wedding and it would be very early in the morning (6am-ish!)because it has to be done before the park opens. BUT, it would mean we'd have wedding photos in front of the castle, on the teacup ride, on Cinderella's Carousel, Main St USA...aka totally awesome photos!. Go to Google and search "Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait" - you will see how incredible the photos are.

I also found a potential bridesmaid dress!



I'm still debating colors...I love the pale yellow and I was thinking of blue hydrangea bouquets to incorporate my Swedish colors. One of my bridesmaids doesn't want a yellow dress so I'm having a hard time picking the color...I really want yellow but I don't want to deal with her complaining about it. I'm not sure if that style of dress goes well with my wedding dress, I keep thinking it is too informal.


Are those flowers gorgeous or what!?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow wow wow that dress is amazing. You look so beautiful. It really looks perfect for a Disney wedding.
As for the photo shoot at Disney, if you really want to do it, I would. You only get married once and if you don't do it, you might regret it.

As for the bridesmaid dress, what is your bridesmaid's reason for not wanting a yellow dress? How many bridesmaids do you have? Would it be possible to have half of them wear light yellow dresses and the other half dresses in the same color as the flowers (if you can find a similar blue)?

Definitely love the flowers.

Terra said...

The dress is beautiful! I agree it looks perfect for a Disney wedding!!

Fuzzy Cert said...

You're going to be STUNNING, Em. Absolutely adorable.
I think, if you want yellow - have yellow. It's your wedding, not your bridesmaid's. Aly asked us for our opinion, but ultimately we know it's her decision. If she picks a dress that looks like a nightgown, then she picks a dress that looks like a nightgown and all we can do is suck it up and deal with it.
I quite like the idea of yellow dresses and blue flowers. It would POP in photos.

I really love those disney photo shoots. Cry until he agrees!