Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happily Ever After: We Arrive!

So here we are at the beginning of our wedding weekend. I was going to post about the trip down to Orlando, but my SD card is missing in action and I have no pictures until the first night in Disney, and that would make for a pretty boring post. So, we begin with our day in Disney.

We had arrived in Orlando right on time and made our way to our resorts with no trouble at all. John and I checked in and then headed to the resort where my grandparents were staying to get lunch. We visited with them and a couple other wedding guests before heading to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and get park tickets for the best man. Before we knew it, my parents had arrived after spending two days in a car with my sister and her best friend, so we went over there to check in with them and make sure all of our wedding goodies (read: my dress) had arrived safely and in one piece. Then the boys all came to our resort to try on their tuxes and of course, the only one that did not fit correctly was John's!

After we took care of the tuxes my family left and we started getting ready for our first wedding event. I had made reservations for all of our wedding guests who arrived on Friday at our favorite resort - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. We were eating around 7pm at the Turf Club Bar & Grill, which gave everyone plenty of time to settle into their respective resorts. We were fashionably late (a trend during the entire week, which is so unlike me) and barely had time to get a drink and play a game of pool before our table was ready.

John & best man Josh


Me with dad and sister / Maid of Honor

There were 13 of us which was a perfect number. We filled up 4 tables that the restaurant pushed together. The meal was fantastic - we ended up coming back to this restaurant two more times during the course of our stay. It was a great way to kick off our wedding weekend: good food, good drinks, and lots of laughs with some of the most important people in our lives. The night flew by and little did I know it would be an indication of how quickly the entire week would be. After dinner, John surprised my entire family with Disney resort mugs - refillable for free at any Disney resort.



It was so surreal to be in Disney with my family/friends. I am used to going with my immediate family and John, but to be there with people who would normally never go was such a weird feeling. It meant so much to me that they had all traveled there for John & me. It hadn't hit me yet that we were getting married in just a few days...it felt more like we were on a big family reunion vacation.

We headed back to our resort - I don't think we got to bed until around midnight. The next morning we had to get up bright and early for our first day in the parks and an unexpected glitch in our plans...

No comments: