Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a day off

Today I went to Massachusetts to visit my cousin and her new baby. I haven't been able to catch up with my cousin in such a long time, it felt like we had ten years of each other's lives to catch up on. It was so nice to get away from everything that normally keeps me busy all day long and just relax. I haven't had a 'girls day' in forever. Not to mention that I've been dying to meet the baby since she was born. She is too cute and a really good baby.


When I was driving home, the GPS took me through mostly backroads for the first half of the drive which was kind of nice because it was gorgeous out today. I really hope it warms up soon - it was only 32 degrees today but it looked like it should have been 60.


John and I went to a mortgage lender and got approved for the amount we wanted...so now all we have to do is meet with other lenders to compare rates and other fun financial stuff, and look at as many condos as we can so we can be ready to buy when November rolls around. His two-year work history date is like November 8th (being self-employed, he has to show two years history of work) and the tax credit expires on December 1st, so we have about three weeks to decide on a condo, put in an offer, and close on it. Stressful!


And this is Milo when he was four weeks old...turning one year old in just a couple weeks! Time flies.

1 comment:

feetfloorgo said...

Milo is adorable! I'm glad you had a good day and I hope the weather gets warmer soon! We had an unseasonable heat wave last week - it was still bloody cold, but everyone was so shocked it was less cold than usual that people were going out in sandals and strap tops! Not me though, I still had 4 layers on.

So exciting you're approved for a mortgage! How grown up! Good luck with the search and take lots of photos so you can revisit the memories of places.