Sunday, January 31, 2010

wishing for warmer days...


I am officially sick and tired of winter.

The below-freezing temperatures and constant gray skies are incredibly depressing. I get home from work, make dinner, clean up dinner, look out the window at the dark, cold skies and completely lose any gym-motivation that I mustered up during the day. Bundle up to walk the 50 yards to get to the gym - or - curl up in my fuzzy pink robe on the couch for American Idol? Do you see how this could impede on my efforts to get to the gym?

I so miss the long endless days of summer when the sun doesn't go down until 9:00pm, when it's so warm that I look for reasons to get out of the house. Winter zaps all of my energy and motivation - all that is appealing right now is wrapping myself up in my old quilt and cuddling on the couch with the boys.

Tomorrow is the first day of February, which technically means there are only about 7 weeks left of winter. In these parts, though, it stays cold until the end of April. We will be lucky to have temperatures in the 50s during April, but I will take that over the 13 degrees that we have right now. Hopefully, if there is a weather-god out there, we will not have any snow after March 1st.

Seriously...I am going to make a concrete effort to drag my cold butt to the gym three times this week. And do my pilates dvd three times too. I've lost 3.5 lbs in two weeks so I am off to a good start!

2 comments:

Terra said...

I always feel so rushed in the winter, because the days are so short. There's just always so much more time in summer months and I can't wait for winter to end and give me back some freedom!

feetfloorgo said...

I feel exactly the same about winter. I hate the cold and the dark. I have noticed a change over the past couple of weeks though... now it's not dark when I leave work (although it somehow manages to be pitch black within 10 minutes of me leaving), and there are daffodils starting to come through.

Keep going with the gym!