Tuesday, July 6, 2010

busy, busy, busy

We've been living in our new place for a little over a week now and I think it's safe to say WE LOVE IT. I haven't gotten around to taking photos of it yet but I'm going to try to do that this week. We've been really busy since the move because John's best friend is home from Afghanistan on his two week leave so of course we have been spending all of our free time entertaining him and a couple other friends. Oh, and watching Milo and Marley learn how to navigate those big, scary things called stairs.

We had a great 4th of July filled with bonfires, pool volleyball games, s'mores, jello shots, and of course, fireworks. The weather was perfect - in the 80's and sunny all weekend long. Today is another story - it's going to be 102 degrees with humidity. In Connecticut. We haven't had temps this high in four years. So of course, I am all worried about John being out working in this heat - mostly because he got SO sunburned during our volleyball game yesterday.

I have also been assigned my wedding planner - yay! I'm excited to finally start planning out some details of our day, but it will probably have to wait at least a couple weeks so we can get settled here. Oh, and we scored AWESOME prices on our flights to Florida and back - we got both of our round trip, non stop tickets for a total of $378.00! How amazing is that?! We were shocked and so excited to get that out of the way.

2 comments:

Breathe Gently said...

That is excellent! Glad you managed to score such good deals. Will you be heading back to Florida before the wedding, or doing most of it by correspondence?

I still get super excited whenever I think of your Disney wedding, just so you know. :) :) :)

Happy 4th! I hope you guys survive the heat. I'm sitting here with my fan on, yick. I miss winter!

Terra said...

Holy awesome deal, Batman! Husband and I are planning a trip to the Orlando area for his 30th birthday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can store a deal as good as that one.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new place! :)