Tuesday, July 13, 2010

home, sweet home

Nothing compares to walking up the sidewalk and onto our front porch, opening the front door, and walking into the house. It sure beats parking in a parking lot, walking into the lobby, up the stairs, into the wide, dark hallway, and opening the heavy industrial door into our old apartment. It's one of many reasons why I am so much happier here.

When you walk up the stairs, you are greeted by a fabulous whiteboard that calls to you - what silly phrase can you write today?



At the top of the stairs, you'll see our proud little shelf that displays the pride we feel for our country.



Our adorable dining room can fit more than two people like the last one, so we were able to put the leaf into the table to make it bigger. I can also fit some of my nicer things into the built in hutch that I LOVE.



Past the dining room is the kitchen, complete with it's old cabinets and porcelain sink. I love all the character that it has, even if the cabinets are so old that the doors don't always shut.





Next comes the Man Cave, decorated with all of John's Army memorabilia and awards. We bought a futon so people have a place to sleep if they stay overnight, and John covered it with a blanket that he got while he was deployed in Afghanistan.



Finally, we have the living room. The bay window is what sold me on this apartment - not to mention how spacious and bright it is compared to our last living room. Two big closets add a lot of much needed storage.



I know of a couple boys who really love the windows...




There are no pictures of the bedroom because it's so boring. I have nothing on the walls yet (there is a LOT of wall space) except for this:



I think that is going to hold very true here.

4 comments:

Breathe Gently said...

It looks charming! I love the bookshelves and nooks and crannies - it has a lot of character. :) I LOVE your whiteboard too, mwahaha.

Terra said...

I LOVE that sink in your kitchen - the character of it is amazing! I think I'll always pick an older home with some character and quirk over a newer place. It's just more fun living in a place with character!

Anonymous said...

I looked through all your photos on Facebook as well... I think your kitchen is my favourite. It's beautiful!

Julz* said...

ohhh your place has such character! I love it! :D I can see why you were sold on the bay windows, they're gorgeous! I'm using too many exclamation marks....I'll go now.