Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fifty.

50 is not really that big of a number.

When I was little, I thought $50 made me rich. Ha! $50 barely gets me enough gasoline for the week... but I digress.

When we set our wedding date, we had 500-something days to wait. I looked forward to every "milestone" number as we counted down the days. 450 days, 400 days, 350 days, 300 days, and so on. I was really excited a few months ago when we hit 100 days, and then 99 the day after. Double digits!

Now we have 50 days left. FIFTY DAYS. And we have only 47 days until we leave.

This number is pretty much freaking me out right now. I really don't want it to be over. I remember my very first trip to Disney in 1997 - riding on the monorail past the Wedding Pavilion and thinking "That's where I want to get married someday." Someday is here - in a mere fifty days. How did that happen so quickly?!

4 comments:

Terra said...

So! Excited! For! You!! I can't believe it's less than 50 days.

Breathe Gently said...

Em! You're SO CLOSE. Can you even believe it? How did we go from being engaged SO LONG AGO to almost being here? It's crazy.

I so can't wait to hear all about your day - and will you share the streaming details with Miss K and I? We totally want to watch you walk down the aisle!!!!

Emilie said...

Yes of course! Will you really be able to watch it? 12pm EST? Isn't that around 2AM for you?

Anonymous said...

Why don't you take a picture every day that sums up that one day, so you can remember each and every one of them...


Also I wanna watch!!