Saturday, June 25, 2011

730 Days

I cannot believe that my sweet little boy is two years old today. We took this picture the day we brought Marley home - I put my cell phone beside him to show people just how tiny he was. He was such a ball of fire when he was a baby. Always climbing up whatever he could get his claws into, especially our legs at dinnertime. He played so hard for short periods of time and then promptly passed out to regain his kitty-energy for the next go round. He adored his big brother Milo from the very start and even tried nursing on him for the first few weeks! He captured my heart and I have been head-over-heels for my little orange boy every single day since we brought him home.



Marley's 1st birthday was the day before we moved into our second apartment. He loved all the boxes we had everywhere and was always trying to break into the ones that were already packed. He loved our new apartment - it had 17 windows for him to choose from when he wanted to catch some rays or stalk some birdies. He was pretty skittish for the first few months there, but when he was with his Momma hewas the biggest love in the whole entire world. He loved snuggling on Saturday mornings even if it meant staying in bed until after noon. This was the year we learned that Marley hated having his claws trimmed - he has razor sharp claws that he never used in a mean way, but they were just so long that oftentimes he inadvertently scratched us. One trip to the vet and some scary kitty noises later, we decided Marley could keep his claws rather than going through the torture of having them trimmed every month.

Ignore my super-sized arm in this photo, thanks!

Marley has acquired several nicknames in the last two years: mar-mar, little man, mr. man, marley-mar, orange-boy, marzy, marzipan...the list goes on. He has grown into a whopping 14.2 lbs and loves getting treats from Daddy every night. He is definitely a lazy boy and sleeps almost all day, but he does love to play with his laser light and goes nuts chasing it around the house! There is just something about this boy that makes my heart melt. I love him to the moon and back.

Happy Birthday, my sweet boy!

2 comments:

Terra said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful, wonderful kitty!

Anonymous said...

I think I completely missed him being ONE year old!! As if he's now two!!