Tuesday, February 3, 2009

i've had enough...

...of snow. To last me a lifetime, in fact. I swear we have had more snow this year than I've experienced in my lifetime. It has snowed about once a week (sometimes twice!) since December.

I am tired of constantly cleaning off my car. I am sick of it finally looking somewhat decent, only to have the newest snow storm cake ice and salt all over it again. I am tired of multiple pairs of snow boots clogging up the pantry because no one wants to take Cooper outside in regular shoes. I am tired of  snow blowers and ice on my sidewalk. I hate that the world always looks cold and miserable. I hate that the state doesn't have enough money to sand and salt the roads as much as is needed.  Spring could not come soon enough.

I forgot to pay attention to the ground hog yesterday, but I'm sure his outcome was the same as always. Six more weeks of winter - what else can you expect in snowy Connecticut?

Evening classes were cancelled tonight, so I left campus around 4:45, but didn't get home until almost 6:30. The drive usually takes me 15 minutes!

I really think the world should vote to outlaw winter, I'm sure most people would agree that it is for the best.

No comments: