Sunday, February 1, 2009

moolah :)

Despite doing almost nothing this weekend, it turned out to be a pretty good one.

I filed my taxes and will be getting $1700 back, which is good because I will be able to pay off my debt to John and still have $200 left over for myself. I found out I will be getting a $715 refund check from my school, which will be a nice chunk of money towards my car payment. And, my dad finally caved and opened a package that was delivered to our house a month ago that we didn't order...turns out, it had a nice set of headphones and a web cam in it, both of which are now part of my computer. I also managed to get a good amount of homework done Saturday morning before John woke up which means less to do tomorrow night.

John and I were so lazy all weekend; we slept til noon both days and didn't make it to the gym at all. We went to see Defiance last night though and it was by far one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It's about three Jewish brothers during WWII who lead a group of over 1,000 through the Belorussian forests, on the run from the German army. It was definitely hard to watch at times because it was based on a true story, and obviously anything Holocaust-related is hard to stomach, but I find it all so fascinating. Makes you wonder how one man could convince hundreds of thousands of people that Jews deserved to be annihilated.

I can't think of much to write tonight, it's been kind of an off day. I am so ready for spring and sunshine and temperatures that don't keep me freezing all day long.

No comments: