Thursday, January 29, 2009

chocolate lava cake, anyone?

So...I've been lifting weights at the gym recently. I used to lift, but when I started working a ton of hours last year I had to stop simply because of lack of time. One of my new year's resolutions was to be healthier and I know that lifting weights has all kinds of health benefits...so here I am, getting up even earlier to have more time at the gym to lift. I love it, it's a great stress reliever. I do not love that it makes me insanely hungry on the days I lift.

Speaking of food...anyone who knows me at all knows I am a sucker for molten chocolate lava cakes - in any of the various shapes, sizes and forms they come in. I first fell in love with the Chili's cake five years or so ago. Who can resist a chocolate cake with a gooey, warm chocolate center and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top? As far as I know, it's irresistable. (Albeit 1280 calories...so my love for this cake was strictly reserved to super special occasions). In 2007, I discovered that one of the restaurants in Disney World had a very similar cake, only better because it was made in Disney. (Obviously, this makes it better). In 2008, I got it a second time when we returned to the restaurant. This past Disney trip, 2009, I found another restaurant that had the dessert, only this time it was the best I've ever had. I even took a picture of it, it was that good.

As I said before, I rarely ever eat these cakes because they are almost equivalent to the number of calories I take in in one day. This gets very bothersome, since I have an innate love for all that is chocolate and gooey. I frequently come home to a house that hasn't an ounce of chocolate in it, leaving me a very annoyed chocolate-less girl.

This all changed though, last Sunday, when I came home to find my mom bought me mini chocolate lava cake desserts that are only 150 calories a piece! No doubt they are not nearly as yummy as the 1300 calorie ones - but they do a good job at filling that chocolate craving at 9:00 at night...without wrecking the 2 hours I spend at the gym in the morning.

This is the yummiest dessert in the history of forever.

1 comment:

kirby said...

DISNEY! I tried on those ears!
you look far cuter in them than I did, though.