Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I attempted to learn how to rollerblade...which didn't end well. I drank legally. I can't think of anything else.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember making any last year. I guess that means I didn't not keep any, right?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin just did a few days ago.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No but a lot of people died this year - mostly my residents, but also quite a few people I knew outside of the nursing home too.

5. What countries did you visit?
None! Well, unless you count the ones in Epcot ; )

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I think I should do more things for me.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't remember the exact dates because everything was insanely overwhelming, but there are a couple days I'll never forget.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to buy a car?

9. What was your biggest failure?
As always, not talking things through when I'm upset. Maybe my resolution this year should be to stop keeping everything to myself?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had pleurisy (not fun at all), and I broke my elbow.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Pepper, obviously. I love her.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
John - he is the most selfless person I know.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My brother.

14. Where did most of your money go?
For most of the year, it went to gas. Then to my car and car payments. Fuuun : )

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting Milo! And going to NYC to spend the day with Kirby and Alynda!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
A few - Broken - Lifehouse; Always Be My Baby - David Cook; I Get It - Kate Voegele.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier.
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Actually, a little bit thinner.
(c) Richer or Poorer? Well I'm making more money but it doesn't last long (thank you Pepper).

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I spent more time on school in the spring semester.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Arguing with my mother. I'm beginning to think I can't help it.

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008?
With my family on Christmas Eve and with John's family on Christmas Day.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Stayed?

22. How many one-night stands?
None. Sad, I know.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Army Wives, One Tree Hill, Private Practice, and American Idol when it's on.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate anyone.

25. What was the best book you read?
My Sister's Keeper.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kate Voegele.

27. What did you want and get?
A kitten and a car. I got both : )

28. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
PS I Love You, Wall-E, Role Models.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was Thanksgiving day, so I ate turkey. And I turned 21.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money, more sunny days, less time working.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Simple. I can't see the sense in spending hours getting ready each day.

33. What kept you sane?
Milo.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Charlize Theron. I love her.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Immigration. I actually learned a lot about it that I didn't know before, but it didn't change my opinion much.

36. Who did you miss?
I didn't really miss anyone this year. That much, anyway.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Kirby and Alynda! Although, I already knew they were awesome.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I'm still trying to figure it out, ask me next year.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing with a broken heart that's still beating. In the pain there is healing; in your name I find meaning, so I'm holding on, I'm holding on, I'm still holding, I'm barely holding onto you. Pretty self-explanatory, if you know the situation.

40. What are your resolutions for 2009?
I want to stop biting my nails, I want to write (f0r myself, not for anything academic) at least twice a week, and I want to try to sort through the mess in my head.

We did't do much for New Year's. We went to Chuck's Steakhouse and paid way too much for mediocre food, and froze our butts off in the frostbite temperatures. I didn't feel good and he was tired so we didn't go out (oh yeah, and it was freezing) - instead we stayed home and watched the ball drop on TV and drank champagne (well, I had a couple sips and he had two glasses, ha). I could not believe the people in Times Square - there were warnings on the news that thirty minutes outdoors could lead to frostbite and there were STILL over a million people standing out there. Crazy...I would never sit in the cold that long. I hate being cold.

Here is to a healthy and happy 2009 for everyone!

No comments: