Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a time of hope and change

Today history was made when Barack Obama was inaugurated as America's 44th President.


Because I love history, I found this all incredibly exciting.


I like Obama, perhaps not as much as I liked other political figures that did not even get the Republican nomination, but I like him. I think he is an excellent speaker and he speaks with the people, not to the people. I think the people like that. I think that a lot of people respect him more than W because he is an average American - his daddy didn't buy him a spot in government - he worked his way up the ladder.


I am a little sad that the 1.20.09 countdown I bought for John last year is over, now we will have to find something new to countdown to. Any ideas?


My mother bought this for me today - yes, it is a cookie. Of course I took pictures of it rather than eating it.


No comments: