Monday, January 26, 2009

another semester begins

someone please explain why 3 year old ryan looks huge next to 6 year old gabriel?



Let me just start out by saying that I detest the fact that I have to go back to school tomorrow. It is comforting though, that this is my second-to-last semester.

This weekend went by too quickly, as they all do. Friday night we went to the newly renovated Pizza King which was surprisingly ten times better than it used to be. We got a buffalo chicken pizza that was so yummy, mostly because it wasn't too hot. Saturday we went to the gym in the morning, watched Titanic, and hung out wtih the boys all afternoon. We took them to the new laser tag place on the Berlin turnpike - don't go there, if you know what is good for you. $40 for the four of us for about ten minutes. Ten! That's all! I mean, I could care less because I hate laser tag but it clearly was not enough time for the boys but there was no way we were slapping down another $40 for a measly ten minutes. So, we did the boring thing and went back to their house so Uncle Johnny could play video games with them while I talked with Jennifer. Sunday we slept in, mostly because I had the most unimaginable cramps ever and I didn't want to move. After a ton of advil kicked in, we went to the mall to get my aunt a birthday gift and I finally got a new pair of running shoes for the gym. We also went grocery shopping and got lots of healthy food because we are both trying to not let our hours at the gym be in vain. That night we had a birthday dinner here for my aunt, ate yummy food and watched a video from my aunt and uncles wedding 14 years ago. All I have to say about that is hank goodness puffy bangs are not in style anymore.

This weekend could have been a disasterous one. Saturday was a significant date, one that I've dreaded for the last several months. Luckily, I have a wonderful boyfriend who kept me busy and my mind off of things. I am sure I will write about it later, but I almost want to let some time pass so it's not in my face as much.

Have I mentioned that I detest that I have to go to school tomorrow?

1 comment:

feetfloorgo said...

Laser tag is fun, but $40 is outrageous! Good luck for your penultimate semester, try not to hate it too much. I'm glad you had a good weekend, look ahead to happier times. I want to be back home so I can keep more up-to-date!