Tuesday, May 26, 2009

pudge

This semester killed me. The work load was much more than I previously had, and the work was more involved. I worked all day, or went to class all day, and went home to do homework until I went to bed. Every. Single. Day. I did try to keep up with the gym but that fizzled out about six weeks into the semester. I just couldn't find the time, or the energy.

I have not weighed myself, but I feel like the lack of running and lack of watching what I ate took a toll on my body. My clothes are a smidge too tight and I am tired. This is a sign - a sign that the gym is calling for me. Last week, I caved and bought the 30 Day Shred on Amazon....and even got two other Jillian Michael's DVDs all for the super awesome price of $27! The Shred is obviously 30 days, broken down into three stretches of 10 days each. I'm figuring I'll do it Monday thru Friday and take weekends off, so it will be more like the 45 Day Shred for me. I know a lot of people who have tried it, and quite a few lost several inches doing this, so hopefully it will bring me the same results. I figure if I watch what I eat, get in at least 45 minutes of cardio, and do this video and maybe some pilates mixed in, I should be able to get to where I normally am in a month or so.

John and I have found several adorable houses in our price range...and now I am dead set on getting a house instead of a condo! I keep telling myself I only have a few more months to go until we can make and offer, but that's really going to be right around the corner! We better start making appointments to see all these homes, September will be here before we know it.

2 comments:

feetfloorgo said...

I've heard a lot about this 30 day shred whatsit. You obviously must keep us updated. I remember during my last semester, i was working so hard, sat at my computer all day every day, I ballooned and it's taken all year to get back to normal!

I really like that little house! It looks gorgeous. You're so lucky to be able to afford that. If I could get a mortgage in this country for that value, I would probably be able to afford this: http://www.geocities.com/pubot5/cardboardbox.jpg

kirby said...

oh yes... please do let us know about this 30 day shred thing... I haven't been able to do.. well anything since I started physio for my back, and I put on a pair of pants today that I hadn't worn since last winter... they're tight across my thighs and I almost cried uncontrollably.

I feel like I need something to whip me back into my own pants...