Wednesday, September 16, 2009

home sweet home


We have been in our new place for almost two weeks now. It's starting to feel like home, walking in the door and seeing my two little guys (or in Milo's case, big guy) running to see who it is and knowing that I get to spend every night with my best friend.


Have you ever had a moment where you realize that everything in your life is just about perfect? I had one of those moments today. It was a crappy day at work, I was still feeling pretty sore from the unexpected trip the the ER Sunday night, and I wasn't looking forward to class tonight...but I had this feeling come over me that despite it all, my life was perfect. I can't tell you how much I love seeing John come through the door at the end of the work day, knowing that I get to cook him dinner and cuddle with him on the couch all night.


We have our newest addition, little Marley, a 10 week old orange kitten who is absolutely fabulous. He plays hard, runs hard, eats a lot, and sleeps like a rock. He is the most precious kitten ever, and I just love him to pieces. He's become fast friends with Milo, despite thinking that he can nurse off Milo sometimes. They run around our little apartment like crazies, and then collapse on the couch for a two hour nap. It's so cute to see Marley bounce after Milo wherever he goes...because he doesn't walk yet, he does that kitten-bounce. So cute.


I got accepted to graduate school last week and was offered an internship that would completely pay for my tuition. I was so excited; the school was my top choice and I've been so excited about the prospect of going there...but I think I'm going to have to turn both down. I cannot afford to do the internship and not work, and I cannot afford the tuition without the internship. Talk about a double edged sword. I hate this crappy economy. So, the new plan is to graduate in December and take some time off to save money and hopefully start graduate school at a less expensive school next fall. We'll see how it goes.


I am going to a bridal expo this Sunday with my mom and grandma. I am very excited, not that we are doing any real planning at this point. We've got our venue booked (the Barn at Wesleyan Hills - check it out here) for June 4, 2011. I'm hoping to talk to a photographer that I want soon, and maybe book the DJ also. I think I'm going to wait until school is finished to do anything further, just because I want to enjoy it all and clearly, I can't do that while trying to write my 50 page thesis paper for graduation.


Also when school is finished...I really want to try the 30 Day Shred again. I haven't gained or lost any weight since like July, but I really want to just do the 30 days. Has anyone actually done it??


I will post pictures of the apartment once I take some good ones!

2 comments:

feetfloorgo said...

I'm still waiting for a perfect moment! And at this rate it'll be a very long time! How come you ended up in the ER? Hope you're on the road to recovery at least though?

That's such a shame about grad school, but at least it must have given you confidence, knowing that your top choice wanted you!

alyndabear said...

Wow, lots going on !! New house, new fiance, new future stuff, new cute kitty. Looks like 2009 is a great year for you as well. :)

That really sucks about the grad program.. it really is tough times at the moment. But everything happens for a reason, and I know you'll be happy whatever you do.

P.S. I showed Oscar a picture of Marley and I think he's a bit jealous. He'll be a good big brother one day too, I bet.