Wednesday, October 7, 2009

hello autumn

I dislike how quickly fall goes by. It smells wonderful outside, and the trees are the prettiest colors.

Tomorrow, John and I are taking his youngest nephew Ryan to Pumpkintown, USA. It's a cute little park for kids with pumpkin people and hay bales and yummy apples and other autumn goodies. Friday night we are taking him to the fair while the older boys are at the Trail of Terror. I love fall fairs...the smell, the midway, the crafts. I really want to go to Gilette Castle too, since this is the last weekend of the season. Hopefully we can squeeze it in on Saturday or Sunday.

Marley is growing too fast, but he gets cuter everyday. He is teething and my hands have the marks to prove it, but I don't mind. Milo had to go to the vet last week and we found out he had a viral infection via an ulcer in his mouth - his meow sounded awful, like he had a cat version of strep throat or something. He is on anti-histamines twice a day until Friday. He's not happy about taking them, but he sounds ten times better.

John turned 26 yesterday. I had his family over for taco salad and birthday cake, all made by yours truly. I will post pictures when I get around to putting them on my computer. I'm so proud of who he is and al that he's done in his 26 years. I loved making his cake, too. I felt like a true (almost) wife.

2 comments:

CuppyCakes said...

kitty ulcers are never good. it usually means they've caught the calicivirus. I hope he's okay!

Terra said...

Pumpkinton, USA sounds wonderful!