Sunday, May 23, 2010

graduated




Yesterday marked the END of my undergrad career! Technically it really ended in December, but my school doesn't have December graduations anymore so I had to wait until May to actually graduate. I had an award ceremony to go to on May 13th because I graduated Cum Laude (like 0.05 points away from Magna Cum Laude, I was so mad!), and then the ceremony for the 1400 graduates was yesterday at the XL Center in Hartford. It was LONG. I was disappointed with the commencement speaker (one of CCSU's History professor) - she didn't really say anything that stuck with me. The Class of 2010 President spoke and it was kind of corny. I almost wasn't going to go because I didn't know anyone since I commuted for 4 years, but now I am glad I went. It took FOREVER to call everyone's name, but it was worth it to actually feel like I graduated. I'm glad that 1,000 students chose not to walk because that would have made it even longer.





Afterward, I tried to find John and my parents but there were SO many people that it took 30 minutes to find them! It was insane. The XL center was packed - there were more people at graduation than there are at the hockey games we go to! It was crazy. We went back to my parent's house after because Erin's senior prom was held last night also! In typical fashion, we took 648 photos to commemorate the day. ; )










Didn't Erin look STUNNING??

4 comments:

Breathe Gently said...

Congratulations! :D

I remember at my second uni graduation it took me AGES to find my family.. seriously, it was ridiculous. I love the pictures though. They be proud of their Em!

I LOVE Erin's dress. I sort of want it.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You've finally graduated!! It's been a long time coming but you thoroughly deserved it. I looked through all your photos on FB and you look beautiful. Erin looked beautiful too, I can't believe she's done with high school.

Fuzzy Cert said...

congratulations Em! I love that you pulled Cooper in for some pictures. Very sweet.

You all look lovely! Erin DOES look gorgeous. You guys are so similar!

Terra said...

I know I'm a little late (forgive me, I was in Alaska), but CONGRATULATIONS!! What a milestone! Woot!