Wednesday, August 8, 2007

hello august

Crazy couple of weeks? Pretty much.

This doesn't mean my life hasn't been exciting, because how can anything be exciting around here? Ok, so maybe (maybe?) I can get excited about this. I met someone. Yes, at the gym of all places, where I'm stinky, sweaty, and totally not put together. It was Monday July 23rd. Actually, I recognized him because in January of 2006 we'd been talking on myspace (retarded, I know - he friended in December right after Christmas and we talked for a few weeks, but then he was deployed to Afghanistan with the Guard, so we pretty much lost touch after that). Annnyways, I recognized him but figured that after 18 months deployment and everything that was going on in his life, he wouldn't remember me. So I went home, found him on myspace, and sent him a message. Surprise, he'd recognized me at the gym (from the scars on my arm of all things) and that night we met up and hung out at his place till 3 am. Yes, three o'clock in the morning. We hung out the next night too, and sat on the curb in front of my house until 3 am again. Both nights we talked the entire time, mostly about his deployment and a lot of random stuff. The next night I was at the concert (of course details to come later) and then Thursday night I stayed at his place for the night, completely accidentally, but we ended up "officially together" by the end of the night.

We've been together a lot since then, he's met my family and such, and everything feels so right. It's so easy for me to talk to him which is totally new for me. And he's so open with me about everything, and I think that's why it feels so right. That and he treats me better than anyone I've ever been with. He's the first guy to not try to get in my pants the first few nights together, and he's so considerate about the little things that you wouldn't normally think about. He makes me laugh constantly, and he makes me feel so important and worthwhile. I told him about my eating too, and surprisingly it went well and it doesn't bother him. This is the first time I've been so relaxed with someone, and not worrying about the future. It's all happening perfectly and I am so so so so so happy.

The concert, of course, was amazing. I can't wait for Lifehouse to headline later this year and next summer. It'll be fabulous x47. Not much else has been going on. Aunt Helen died last week, I'm still broke, and still haven't finished my stuff from the spring semester but I have until October. My brother and I haven't been getting along at all. He's been mad at me because I havent been spending a ton of money on him like he wants me to, and I haven't been home to cart him around everyday. So that translates into him being an ass to me and giving me a hard time about everything, but I really don't care. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it because it's not worth it, and I'm not going to do whatever he wants just so he's nice to me, even though that would be the easier thing to do.

I don't want school to start back up especially because I dont know what the hell I want to do with my life AND I'm broke and all that. I wish I could win the lottery or something, it'd make life a lot easier.

And that's it.

No comments: