Tuesday, December 2, 2008

christmas cards already??

Today, I wrote out almost all of my Christmas cards (if you got a message from me on Facebook asking for your address - that's why!) and all I have left to do is go to the post office to mail them...which is always what takes me forever.

That's the thing about the post office (just like the bank)...it is only open during business hours. I work 9-5:30, and on the days I go to school, I'm there from 8:00 - 4:30. By time I get home from school, it's usually after 5, and they are both closed already. On the weekends, I'm so busy that I forget to do these silly errands. And this is why it takes me days or weeks (or, in the case of Jen's Christmas gift last year, MONTHS) to mail things that require more than one stamp or something out of the ordinary.

I am putting the pieces together for my presentation on my family's Swedish immigration history. I'm hoping to find this dress that my great-grandfather got for me, it's a traditional Swedish dress that was made in his hometown (Nissafors) that I wore for as many Christmases as I could fit into it, and it's been worn by many of my cousins. I also have lots of pictures of my grandparents, my cousins in Sweden, and letters written between my grandparents as they 'courted.'  (Good old days, right?) Hopefully I do well, and I'm hoping that I do well enough on my paper that I can send it to my family to read...obviously I'm only sending it if I get an A. ; )

I have so much work to do and I am obviously procrastinating. Tomorrow is my long day. But then it's Thursday and the week will almost be over!

No comments: