Wednesday, December 17, 2008

nothing we say is gonna save us from the fallout

My back has been bothering me for the last two weeks, and the last three days it has been kiling me. I dont know what the deal is, but it's painful to do anything but lay flat on my bed. It's just my lower back, straight across the bottom. I'm hoping it's just because I should be getting my period soon, and that it'll go away soon after. Because if it's something else, I definitely don't have the pain tolerance for this. I can't even pick up Lucy, who is like five pounds and the smallest kitty ever. Ugh.

I bought a life insurance policy today. I'm proud of myself for being adult-like and responsible, even though I'm the most responsible out of my siblings. It gives me a sense of security, that when I'm married and have a house and kids, I wont have to worry about leaving behind a mortgage for my husband to deal with or about how secure my children's futures will be. It was quite annoying though - I was sitting in the dining room with the insurance agent and my parents were there (they'd been revising their insurance policy in the first place) and when I was naming my beneficiaries, my mother got all worked up because I didn't do what she wanted. Turns out, I couldn't do what I wanted anyway due to legal rules, but still. I cannot stand how she always sticks her nose into other people's business. I know I'm her daughter and she wants to know what's going on in my life, but there are boundaries, which is something she clearly lacks an understanding of.

My back really hurts : ( I would give anything for a massage right now.

No comments: