Monday, December 15, 2008

hello, buddy the elf! what's your favorite color?!

With the new year coming up so quickly, I've been thinking about resolutions - I make them every year, and they last about three days before I've given in. I've seen a lot of people who do 101 in 1001 - where you set a list of 101 goals to complete in 1001 days, which is about 2.75 years. I've seen a lot of really great lists and I think that setting goals (real goals) could only make me feel better about myself. So, I've decided that I'm going to work on making a list, and hopefully by January 1st, I can start 101 in 1001. I would feel super good about myself if I actually did all 101 of them.

I have two finals tomorrow, I'm pretty nervous about the first one, it's 50 multiple choice (I'm really bad at multiple choice) and this professor is really hard (I am typically a straight A student and got a B- on the midterm...most of the class failed) so I don't really know what to expect. The second is my gender class, and we get to have a cheat sheet, so I spent 3 hours today making that. I'm sure it'll be easy enough. Wednesday I have my death and dying exam, then Thursday is math and immigration. Ahh I can't wait to be done so I can bake Christmas cookies and go shopping for gifts and other fabulous holiday things.

My first final is at 8am, which means I have to leave at 7am, which means I have to be up around 6am, which is going to be thoroughly painful, considering I hate getting out of bed. This means I should be going to bed soon...I'm sure I can skip one night of being a night owl, right? Right.

I need to go Christmas shopping this week. I've finished most of John's family, I just need to get him a couple more things and get my sister's gift since I drew her name. I want to see if I can get to that cute store in Kensington this weekend, I know she'd love some things from there. The building is decorated as a giant present - seriously, what's not to love about that? I also need to decide what I'm making for Christmas Eve...I'm thinking an appetizer, feel free to throw out suggestions.

Oh, and a side note - this is another reason why Milo is the best kitten in the world: John came home from work today and heard his TV on, which he thought was weird. He walked into his room and saw Milo sprawled out on his bed, watching TV. How he got the TV on is a mystery, but he sure is an awesome little guy.


(at least we know he's got some self-defense skills in case he's confronted with a big mean dog or something)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm planning on doing 101 in 1001 days too! I haven't started my list yet, I've just been thinking about it.

Good luck with your exams.

And Milo is so freakin cute. And smart too!