Wednesday, December 10, 2008

we know it's never simple, never easy.

I must be hormonal or something; I have gone from wanting to scream to wanting to cry to wanting to pull my hair out all day today. Everything is frustrating me to the umpteenth power. I have felt sick all day. ALL DAY. I think it is stress related, seeing as I have SO much to do in the next week. I've hardly eaten anything in almost three days. Just for that reason, I wish I got stressed more often.

And what makes today so much worse? I just saw an ASPCA commercial, and I can't freaking STAND when people abuse animals. Seriously. What is so bad in your life that you have to beat an innocent cat or dog to death? Who the fuck do you think you are to put your dog through caged fighting?? How is it fun to light a kitten on fire?? Who gives you the right to burn off a rabbit's fur just so you can see if your new product will hurt a human? My dream, if I could do anything at all with my life, is to open a non-profit animal shelter. My dog was going to be euthanized because people down south are so racist that they abandon black animals - they throw them on the street to fend for themselves, and the shelthers are so overloaded that they're forced to euthanize if homes can't be found within a couple weeks.  Anyone who has met Cooper knows he is the sweetest dog. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He loves everyone no matter what. There are days when he's my best friend because he's the only one who loves unconditionally. He was abused just because of the color of his fur, which is absolutely ridiculous. We may have physically rescued Cooper, but he's rescued me in so many other ways. I wish with every fiber of my being that I could stop animal abuse, and it makes me so sad that it will likely never go away.

1 comment:

kirby said...

it's the downside of working in a shelter. the cruelty cases. it's sad.