Monday, November 17, 2008

all that shimmers

Despite the rainy, damp, and cold weather, this weekend was pretty good. I spent all of Friday night cleaning out my closet, putting away summer clothes, and getting rid of stuff I don't wear anymore. My room is so clean, I love it.

Saturday we (my parents, Erin, John and I) braved the crowded mall and trekked through crowds of people to the Disney Store to buy our park tickets. I think I was the only one excited about getting them, but what are you gonna do? ;)Forty-six days until we leave!After that, John and I met Matt for lunch at Chili's, went back to his house, and we both fell asleep for a fabulous two hour nap. Then we went back to Chili's with Matt and we each got our own lava cake dessert - and do you know those things have 1300 calories in them?? Luckily I wasn't able to finish mine. Sunday was lazy, we slept in til after noon. John and I were just driving around that afternoon and we just happened to end up at this cute little gift store that he delivers to for work. He told me months ago that it is a store that I would like, and recently told me that it's going out of business. I've been dying to go, but I didn't know how to get there, or the address, or the name, or anything. My super-awesome boyfriend brought me there Sunday afternoon and we spent 45 minutes walking through the store (and I spent 45 minutes wishing I wasn't broke!) They had the cutest things, it reminded me of an Anthropologie store, minus clothing. I hope I get my sister for Secret Santa, so I have another excuse to go there before they close.

John and I started going to the gym last week, and it feels SO GOOD to be back. I forgot how much it de-stresses me, not to mention that I actually feel good about myself after. And it was a nice surprise to see that I didn't lose much of my endurance in the last 11 months that I have been without a membership.

Wall-E was released today and SOMEONE is very excited and hopeful that it will show up on November 27th as a birthday gift (hint hint) since I am obviously broke saving for Christmas and Disney. (Have I mentioned that I am broke?) Also on my list of Disney DVDs that I have not been able to afford in the last year: Sleeping Beauty, Enchanted, Robin Hood, Fox and the Hound, Mulan, etc. For anyone who doesn't know, I collect the animated classics and some of the newer movies, but they MUST be in the cardboard sleeve, otherwise I wont buy them. It's a collection, which is why they all have to match, duh. I am very excitd that Beauty and the Beast is re-releasing in 2010, and I'm pretty sure Snow White is in 2009. =)

It's cold, I have school tomorrow, and I am dying for Thanksgiving break. Next week I have two days of work and that's it. I'm skipping school on Tuesday, Thursday is my birthday (which is obviously why everyone has the day off, nevermind that it's Thanksgiving!), and Friday I have off work. And then the semester is pretty much over...hello Christmas break! Hello Disney!

Life is good. =)

1 comment:

feetfloorgo said...

Glad you had a good weekend, and yay! Disney! I wish I were going. My old housemate collected the DVD's too, but most of them she still hasn't even opened! I, on the other hand, still have my old school videos.

I also know what I'm sending you for your birthday. Do you still get mail on Thanksgiving? because if you don't your present may be a little late. Well, it will probably be late anyway, because I'm rubbish like that.