Wednesday, November 26, 2008

on being thankful

I have a lot of things to be thankful for. My family, my amazing boyfriend, my health, my education, my happiness, my home, my car...and the list goes on. I like Thanksgiving, not because the Pilgrims made friends with the Indians (turns out they killed them and pushed them off their land, how nice), but because it's the one day where we stop and are thankful for what we do have. I am blessed with a close family that loves me, a man who treats me like gold, and way better health than in past years. It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and forget about what we have, not necessarily in worldly or material possessions, but what we have in love, friendship, and happiness.


Tomorrow I am going to Thanksgiving dinner with John and his family. It will be strange to not be with my family, but I am going to stop and see my family in the afternoon, since we aren't eating at Jen's until 5pm. It will also be weird because it's my birthday and it wont feel like it, but that's ok, because we are celebrating this weekend with my family, and that will be fun. Again, more to be thankful for.


I hope all everyone enjoys their day tomorrow, and if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, have a great day anyway!


No comments: