Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a little splurge

Since my birthday is next week, and I have not bought myself much in the last year (besides Pepper, of course), I decided to splurge at my favorite store, New York and Company. Technically, I did not splurge - I used my credit card...and the fact that it was Tuesday (on Tuesdays gold card holders get an extra discount) I justified the $150 on clothes. I got a really nice little black dress for only $60 - obviously, a black dress is a staple (like potatoes or rice) as far as clothing goes. I got a pair of black pants for work, since my favorite pair that I've had since I was a sophomore in high school finally broke apart. I got a nice top for Thanksgiving (aka my birthday) and another top with a shell for work. Not a bad deal for all that stuff.

I have done no school work in the last two days. It's too close to Thanksgiving break...although I really do need to work on my two papers. Thursday night, that's the plan. Don't let me forget!

1 comment:

picturesandpostits said...

Your birthday is on thanksgiving? That's pretty cool.

$60 is nothing to spend on a LBD. Although, considering the dodgy exchange rate at the moment, that's still about $100au. But still. I'm too cheap to buy one. Yet, I can justify spending $300 on a straightener.. HAH.