Tuesday, November 25, 2008

the one where i post a lot of pictures

I skipped school today to work on my Swedish immigration paper. It was worth it; I got almost all of it done. It was so cool to read my grandfather's history, and about how my family came to be. I have three years worth of letters from my great-grandfather and great-grandmother during their "courtship" that are so interesting to read them, and I feel really privileged to have those.  It's amazing back then how intact families were, and how they helped each other out no matter what. My great-grandfather lived to be 99 and a half, and no doubt it was because of our amazing family. I don't remember him that much, I was only a year or so when he died, but my mom always tells me how he remembered my name even after he forgot everyone else's - I think it's because I'm named after his mother Emilie, but it makes me feel special anyway. He was such a handsome man, even up into his old age.




Handsome, right?! Not only that, he was a good man...and I'd give anything to be able to talk to him and know him now that I am older. I hope he would be proud that I am writing a paper about him.


While I spent 10 hours working on the project today, I also found time to procrastinate. What better way to procrastinate than take self portraits? I had good intentions (purposeful intentions, even). I was trying to decide what to wear on Thanksgiving, aka my birthday.I don't think I like my hair with side-bangs. But I usually hate my hair when it's up. I just plain old don't like my hair lately.



Hair up with bangs, hair down with bangs, hair off the face with headband?



I tried to get a picture of the bangs, and it came out kinda cool. My skin has been so red and blotchy lately; I hate this cold weather. I need a good non-pimple-creating moisturizer...as if I had the money to buy one.



Lucy was looking so cute this afternoon, I couldn't help myself.


Tomorrow is my last day of work before a glorious 4 day weekend - full of yummy food, turning 21, getting a Christmas tree, seeing my family, and taco salad. I might even go to church with my mom tomorrow night because I know it would make her happy, even though I detest going to church.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for turning 21, thanksgiving food, Christmas things, Lucy and looking so adorable in every picture you take.

feetfloorgo said...

It couldn't matter any less how you have your hair because you look beautiful in every single picture. That's it, I'm never talking to you ever again!



...Although, I love looking at family history too, it's just incredible to imagine these people that you feel a part of, even if you hardly knew or remember them.

aroy said...

I loved when I had to do a genealogy project at UConn. So interesting. Oh, and Amazon has these books that are by ancestry.com called the Our Name in History series and you can get a book about the history of basically any last name. I got one for both sets of grandparents; they're really interesting and only $30 apiece. You should check it out if you're looking for Christmas presents.

Also, I LOVE your hair in that first picture. I wish my bangs would look like that, as opposed to stringy and gross. You and your nice, thick hair. Lucky.