Monday, September 22, 2008

always be my baby

Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I Love Babies. So much so, that it requires all capital letters. Really, I love them that much. As long as I can remember, I've felt like someday, my real purpose in life will be being a mother. I just feel like that's what I am meant to do. And I like to think that I will be a good one.

Lately, I can't stand them. It is so freaking frustrating, because I can't really talk about it (literally-- can't, as in I start crying uncontrollably), nor do I really want to because I am the master of pretending like things don't bother me, but AGHDSG I cannot stand it! People know I love babies, so when someone has one, they tell me all about it. Or when someone finds out they are pregnant, they tell me about it. IDONTWANTTOHEARIT, OK? Just for now, can we pretend like I hate babies?

You don't understand why this is hard for me, I get that. I wouldn't expect you to get it. Part of the problem is not having anyone who understands it.

Someday I'll want to hear about them again. And in the meantime, I'll pretend like I still do, because that is who I am. I love babies. Everyone knows that.

No comments: