Wednesday, September 24, 2008

can i come home with you?

I quit my job today.

I start my new job on October 6th.

I'm really sad, and excited, and I don't know what else.

I'm going to miss my residents SO much. I will miss my kisses from C every morning and my Red Sox updates from F. And the hilarious things M says: "Where's your head? Oh no, I think I saw it in the microwave..." and "Hey, need a boyfriend? I got one for ya right here!" (while pointing to another resident) and "Well would ya look at THAT rear end!" I will miss G's "Where should I go...can I come home with you?" questions every day.

I will not miss the gossip that goes on there. Or the disorganized chaotic-ness. I will not miss trying to cram 40 hours worth of work into 24 hours. I will not miss dealing with families who want nothing to do with their parents and expect us to be their new "children."

I will definitely miss my old people.

No comments: