Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ahhhhhhh!

Living at home can be so frustrating.

I'm honestly trying to stay out of most things, and ignore the stupid things that go on. Something snapped tonight though, and I couldn't deal with it anymore.

I hate being treated like I do nothing for myself. I work, I go to school, and I spend hours a week doing homework. I pay my bills, I have about $800 in bills each month at LEAST, and I'm paying them off of a measly check that I get for 25 hours of work at $12 an hour. That comes to $1200 a month BEFORE taxes, plus I also have to pay for gas and groceries, clothes, and anything else that comes up. I think I'm doing a good job, and I never ask my parents for money. Don't fucking tell me I don't pay for things on my own.

ARGSHGK. That's my mood right now.

2 comments:

aroy said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Yesterday I got a refund check from school and my mom made some comment like, "I'll hold on to that so you don't waste it on LH crap." I blew up. I saved fucking $4,000 this summer! Don't treat me like a child who can't handle her own money! For God's sake, it's like parents have it ingrained in their heads that we throw our money away every chance we get. WHAT THE HELL?!
phew.

feetfloorgo said...

Once you get to a certain age, living at home gets too much. My parents keep making 'helpful suggestions' about things I should be doing with my time and money, and just with stupid little things...comments about the way I wash the car, or something completely inconsequential; it all really annoys me. It sounds to me like you are doing a good job, and you're pretty independent. Take a deep breath.