Wednesday, October 1, 2008

one more day

I went to work today, dreading it, but looking forward to it being my second to last day there. I went about most of the day just looking for something to do, because I dont want to start any big projects only to leave them hanging. Around 2:30, my boss comes up to me and says "Your last day is Friday?" and I say "yes."

He goes, "Have you thought about what you're going to do?....[insert awkward pause here]..."you know, as far as when you can pick up more hours?"

I didn't know exactly what to say. My first thought? Doing what??? I just resigned from my position. Apparently, when I gave him my letter of resignation (that he handed back to me without reading), he didn't stop to think that MAYBE, just maybe I'd taken another job. If he'd read the letter, he'd know that, of course.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to cause any unnecesssary tension, so I just was like...yeeeeah, I'll get back to you on that one.

Most people at work know I'm starting another job on Monday. How word didn't get around to my boss blows my mind, but I'm sure he will find out sooner or later...because we all know gossip spreads like wildfire at PCRC.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, your boss sounds like a smart cookie. LOL. I wonder how he's gotten this far without knowing what a letter of resignation means, and that it isn't just dropping your hours.

You're doing a good job with posting in your blog each day. Reminds me I need to update my LJ now I'm home. I did try starting a regular blog but I just can't do the public aspect.