Thursday, October 16, 2008

nobody wants to go it on their own, everyone wants to know they're not alone

I'm loving Nickelback's new single. They are the only band on my top five list that I have not seen live yet. Someday...


But anyway. I heard it on the radio today on my way home. Nickelback is a special band to me, their music meant a lot during a pretty crappy time and whenever I heard their music, it reminds me of that time. Of being heartbroken, missing someone so bad I thought it was the worst pain imaginable, and not even knowing how to put my life together. I listen them, and they remind me of this one person, and this time period, and it makes me feel nostalgic. It reminds me of how naive and young I was. And usually, I don't like listening to the band for that very reason, even though I love their music.


This song is about yearning for that person, that one person who will make your heart beat a million beats per second, that person whose smile can melt your heart. It's about waiting for that person and having faith that he or she will find you and make you whole. It's about how we all want the same thing, how we all need our other half to go on the big, scary, unknown journey of life with. Today, I listened to this song and it just made me so insanely happy... jumping up and down-grinning ear to ear-so happy I could explode-happy. Why? Because I have my person.


The song is about yearning, wanting, waiting, hoping, praying for your person. I have mine. The song makes me feel so good, so thankful, so blessed to have something so powerful and strong that so many people don't have.


My mom told me a month after John and I started seeing each other that she knew something was different this time. After about a year, she told my sister (who then told me) that she thinks I will marry John. And you know what? I never really thought about it that much until recently. I'm not saying I want to get married anytime soon...but I can see myself with John for the long haul. I can see myself marrying him. I knew when I met him that there was something different about him. He chose to stick by my side during some really hard times. He is everything I ever wanted in somebody...and he makes me feel whole.



January 2008
January 2008

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you.

And I have mine, too.