Wednesday, October 29, 2008

when i feel you i forget to breathe

I decided tonight that I'm going to write down all the little things John does that make me fall for him all over again.

Someday, I'd love to be able to tell my children about the man who stole my heart over and over again - the little things he did that meant so much to me.

For example...it's October. My favorite month. Why is it my favorite month? The leaves are pretty, the air is crisp, everything smells good, I get to wear sweaters, and it's Halloween. You knew that was coming, right? Of course you did. I love Halloween, mostly because I love to dress up. For one night, my inner five year old is allowed to come out, and no one will make fun of me. So, since October 1st, I've been bugging John to do all sorts of October-y things with me - hike under the leaves, carve pumpkins...and dress up with me on Halloween. I don't even really ask him to dress up, I just ask him what we're dressing up as - as if he has no choice. He always replies that he's not dressing up. I pout, and ten minutes later we go through it all over a gain. Quite frustrating when you love Halloween, no? Anyway, I wasn't expecting him to dress up with me - he didn't last year and it was fine. I just like busting him about it ; )

Today, when he came home from work, he says to me, guess what! My guess? What!! (Original, I know). I got a Halloween costume, he said. YOU DID!? Yes - I really was that excited. He stopped during his route and got a Joker mask - so I am going to be Cat Woman (because we have to match, of course). Tomorrow night we are off in search of cat ears.

Tonight, before he went to bed, I thanked him for getting a costume and told him that it made my day. His reply? I knew it would.

THAT is why I want to write all of these moments down.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aww :)

It's enough to make a girl jealous, if I didn't have one of my own. So instead I'm just really happy for you :D